Is email part of your business marketing strategy? Most companies know that there is some serious business going on inside inboxes all over the country. Trouble is, there’s a lot of annoyance and spam going on, too. No company with any integrity wants any part of that.
So what to do? Should you stay on the sidelines, unsure about getting your email marketing feet wet, afraid of screwing it up? Or should you get outside your comfort zone and start figuring out what you need to do to do it right?
My vote is that you begin to learn the ropes.
First of all, learn how to develop a system. Effective marketing is always all about systems. If you don’t establish parameters for your campaign, you’re going to waste valuable time – and not be very effective.
Another thing you need to be sure of is CAN-SPAM compliance. You can’t just send out marketing emails willy-nilly to people who:
- don’t expect to hear from you, or who
- didn’t give you permission to send them information.
Using the right approach will make a huge difference, and keep your reputation crystal-clean. You need a system, and you need it to be legal.
Don’t be intimidated about learning how to do it, there are typically 3 phases most companies go through when developing an approach and strategy:
Testing the waters
- No process in place
- No guidelines for performing email marketing campaigns
- Sporadic, unsuccessful marketing emails with no results
Serial email marketing
- Learning to send newsletters, or something in a regular format – like RSS
- Uses sign-up form
- Learns what content may be desirable to recipients
- Begins to consider other messages
The very next phase will start to pull the whole story together, and a successful thought process and strategy will start to unfold.
- An email marketing system will develop.
- Thank you’s and transactional messages will start to be a part of the natural course of subscriber engagement.
- Your company will begin to see how to maximize certain product and service exposure, while staying on your subscriber’s ‘good side’.
Your systematic approach to using email marketing is crucial to keeping loyal subscribers. They have daily rituals just like you do. You’ll have more success when they know when they can count on hearing from you.
Susan Hamilton Copywriting with Zero To Sixty Marketing have put together a comprehensive Email Marketing Success Series, complete with audios and researched, detailed information – designed to teach you from ground zero exactly what you need to know to be successful at your own email marketing campaigns.
The Email Marketing Success Series is absolutely free to our subscribers, and we’re proud to make months of scrutinous research available to you upon request.
Sign up for your no-obligation “insider information,” and learn how to put successful email marketing strategies to work for you.